This is my first blog hop.
Here are the questions and my answers.
1. What state you are in: California.
2. Your current teaching position: Kindergarten
3. Your teaching experience: I have been teaching for eighteen years, eleven in first grade, three in kindergarten (going on 4) and four as a Reading Recovery teacher.
4. When you started blogging: I started blogging in April of 2012.
5. Share a blogging tip / blogging resource: I bring my camera to school everyday so I can document all of our projects. Then when I want to blog about something I have pictures ready to post.
Everything You Need to Know You Can Learn in Kindergarten!
Come join our class of kindergarteners as we learn to work together, grow into voracious readers, become authors of our own original stories, and feed our natural curiosity about the world by developing as scientists.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
I've been at school several days helping my friend move into her new room. She's coming back to kindergarten after being in 2nd grade and out of the classroom as an intervention teacher. We were just finishing her bulletin boards when I got blind-sided. My awesome teaching partner just packed up and moved out. She was offered a position elsewhere and accepted. I don't blame her but we made a good team last year and had big plans for this coming year. Now I have to decide if I want to stay in my room and see who comes in to partner with me or move across the playground to my friend's room. It's important in kinder to have the right partner so I'm leaning towards moving rooms but moving is such hard work. And that would mean the rest of my vacation would be spent at school. Well, at least OUR bulletin boards are already done!